Connectors are the way API Fortress integrates with other services and platforms to send data and/or notifications to them. A big benefit to using the platform is how it can seamlessly integrate itself into your day-to-day operations without adding new daily work.
There are two levels of notification integrations:
- Failures Only: this type will send a notification only when a test failure happens. This is typical for stateless services, like Slack.
- Send All: Will send all events, including successes, which is very handy when the service will need to log everything or alter a state.
API Fortress has a fully featured API, as well as Webhooks. Any platform with an API can be integrated to work. With that said, we did preconfigure some, and are constantly adding new ones. Currently we have:
- New Relic
Connectors are part of the Alert Groups subsystem. They can only be set up by users with the “manager” role, and can be accessed by doing the following steps:
- Access the company settings page, by clicking the gear icon in the top right.
- Select “Alert groups” on the side menu.
- Create a new group (if needed).
- Click on the connectors icon.
- Add a new Connector.
- Choose a service from the list.
- Enter the required information.
Once the Alert Group is set, you can assign it to a project by:
- Go back to the main dashboard.
- Edit a project.
- Select your Alert Group in the “Alert Distribution Group” field.
- Save the project.
If you notice the Slack integration is not working for you, make sure you configured it properly. We only need a portion of the webhook URL, not the entire thing.