Welcome to your API Fortress trial!
You should have received an email with your login credentials from the platform. If you haven’t, please email us at email@example.com.
The links below are resources that will help you quickly and easily stand up some example tests. If you have questions, please feel free to reach out. If you prefer video guides, they are located Youtube and Vimeo.
A video playlist designed to get you started quickly can be found here.
Simple 3 Phase Evaluation
- Create a test using Magic Test Generation (Video)
Examples to try: API Call & Swagger URL.
- Create a New Project
- Create a New Test
- Click on the “Compose” button
- Open the HTTP Client
- Type in the URL of the API route you wish to test, or load a saved API call
- Click the “Generate Test” button and follow the prompts to generate a test
- Run the Test
- Review the Test Report (Example Report)
- Publish the Test
- Schedule the Test to run every 5 minutes
- Try the HTTP Console (works similarly to Postman)
- Save an API call in the HTTP Console (Example Call)
- Look at the Example project and review other tests, such as Retail: Integration – Products
- After allowing your tests to run for a short while, view the Dashboard and API Quality pages
- Generate a Status Page and share with peers
- Use the IF component (Conditional Testing)
- Try the Vault (video)
- Create an Integration test (Tip: Use the Vault!)
- Set up Performance Alert Notifications (Latency and Fetch)
- Set up Notifications Using:
- Run tests and retrieve data using the API. (Example)
(Check out the API and Webhooks documentation)
- Run tests with Jenkins (video)
- Video about creating an integration test with oAuth, refresh tokens and the vault
- Video about using JDBC as a data source
- Write Tests Using Code
- Quick Start Guide – Create a Test
- Creating a Multistep Test (Integration Testing)
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with the evaluation process.