Welcome to your API Fortress trial!
You should have received an email with your login credentials from the platform. If you haven’t please email us (email@example.com).
The links below are resources that will help you quickly and easily stand up example tests. If you have questions please feel free to reach out. If you prefer video guides they are here: Youtube or Vimeo.
Simple 3 Phase Evaluation
- Create a test using Magic (video & example API call to use)
- Create a New Project and then Test
- Click on Compose
- Open the HTTP Client
- Load your saved API call
- Click the button named Magic
- Run the Test
- Review the Test Report (example report)
- Publish the Test
- Schedule the test to run every 5mins
- Try the HTTP Console (works like Postman)
- Save an API call in the Console (example call)
- Look at the Example project and review other tests, such as Retail: Integration – Products
- View the Dashboard and API Quality pages after your tests have run for a short while (so there is data)
- Setup Performance Alert Notifications (latency and fetch)
- Setup Notifications Using:
- Run tests and retrieve data using the API. (example)
(Check out the API and Webhooks docs as well)
- Run tests with Jenkins (video)
- Generate a Status Page and share with peers
- Create an Integration test (tip: use the vault!)
- Try the Vault (video)
- Use the IF component (eg: status code, positive and negative testing)
- Video about creating an integration test with oAuth, refresh tokens, the vault
- Video about using JDBC as a data source
- Write Tests Using Code
- Quick Start Guide – Create a Test
- Creating a Multistep Test (Integration Testing)
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with the evaluation process.