What Is It?
API Fortress can be deploy in nearly any manner that works for you – whether cloud, on-premises, or hybrid.
Our most popular is on-premises, which means the entire platform lives in your environment behind your firewall.
There are multiple reasons for having an on-prem engine, and these are some of the most common:
- Satisfies Any Security Requirements
- Complete Data Ownership
- Access to Private Staging Environments
- Load Testing
- Unlimited Use
API Fortress is extremely modular, and most functionalities can be replaced with different code and behave in a different way. Some use cases are:
- Storing the results of the tests in a dedicate archive, such as DynamoDB, a private MongoDB instance, or an object storage.
- Customizing the chain of alerts with internal tools.
- Storing the code of the tests in a location that is not the API Fortress cloud.
- Adding the ability to ingest and analyze exotic data types.
All this is done with a few lines of Java that we can help you with. The engine itself can work as an SDK to build what you need. For some companies we can be your entire solutions, while others might have certain requirements that will always require customization. For those we can be the ones that cover your 90% use case.
A simple Docker/Kubernetes/Open Shift deployment. We ask a handful of questions, setup a configuration file for you, and then you deploy with your preferred container. The system requirements here.
If you would like to trial API Fortress on-premises, simply fill out this survey and we will work on a configuration file for you.
The engine operates exactly the same way API Fortress does in the cloud.