What Is It?
API Fortress can be deployed in nearly any manner that works for you – whether cloud, on-premises, or hybrid.
Our most popular is on-premises, which means the entire
platform lives in your environment behind your firewall, or in your VPC.
There are multiple reasons for having an on-prem engine, and these are some of the most common:
- Satisfies Any Security Requirements
- Complete Data Ownership
- Access to Private Staging Environments, Click here to learn more about the Downloaders.
- Load Testing
- Unlimited Use
API Fortress is extremely modular,
and most functionalities can be enhanced with extensions and integrations. Some use cases are:
- Forwarding the results of the tests in a dedicated platform for further analysis, another database, or an object storage.
- Customizing the chain of alerts with internal tools.
- Storing the code of the tests in a location that is not the API Fortress cloud.
- Adding the ability to ingest and analyze exotic data types.
- Adding functionalities provided by 3rd party libraries
All this is done with a few lines of Java/Groovy that we can help you with.
A simple Docker
deployment. We ask a handful of questions, setup a configuration file for you, and then you deploy with your preferred container. The system requirements here
If you would like to trial API Fortress on-premises, simply fill out this survey
and we will work on a configuration file for you.
The engine operates exactly the same way API Fortress does in the cloud. On-premises actually offers even more features which we discussed above under Customizations.