API Fortress can handle any authorization scheme. Below we provide some guides on simple ways to work with the most common authorization methods. If it requires usage of a long lasting token, see here for more information.
From within the composer the process is simplified in the mini wizard.
- Enter the visual composer
- Click Add Component
- Click GET
- Enter details and then click Add Authentication
- Choose Basic
- Enter the Username and Password
- The header information is automatically encoded and entered for you!
Simple Authorization from the HTTP Client
Using the HTTP composer requires encoding the Username and Password yourself.
- Click on Tools > HTTP Client
- Click on Tools > Gadgets
- Choose base64-encode
- Type in the username and password like this with the semicolon “username:password”
- Click encode
- Copy the generated code (our example is VXNlcm5hbWU6UGFzc3dvcmQ=)
- Now use that generated code in your call. Specifically as a Header, and use the word “Basic” under key, and the generated code (VXNlcm5hbWU6UGFzc3dvcmQ=) for value.
That’s it! The call should work now. If not feel free to send us a message at email@example.com!