API Fortress would not be very useful if it couldn’t handle virtually every type of authorization. Thankfully, it can. Below we provide some guides on simple ways to work with the most common authorization methods. If it requires usage of a long lasting token, see that information here.
Here is how to handle a simple username and password authorization. We are working on a wizard to make this more simple, so expect to see that soon! For now, here are the steps:
- Click on Tools, then Gadgets in the top bar.
- Choose base64 encode, then input your credentials in this manner “username:password” and then click base-64-encode.
- In the composer add a GET component. Enter your information.
- Then click on “+Add Header” at the bottom header and enter Name=Authorization value=Basic <thecodeyouhavegenerated>. For this example we entered “dXNlcm5hbWU6cGFzc3dvcmQ=” as the value.
- That’s it! The call should work now. If not feel free to send us a message at email@example.com!