SaaS / Cloud CustomersIf you are using the API Fortress SaaS (cloud) platform you can use the downloader named “US East No SSL Check”. This downloader ignores invalid and not matching certificates.
Self Hosted / On-Premises CustomersTo disable the SSL validation in the downloader do the following steps:
(We will assume you’re using a docker-compose based deployment, if you are not please reach out to support.)
- First access the machine that runs the downloader service (likely the one that runs the rest of API Fortress as well)
- Then navigate to the “downloader/” directory
- Stop the downloader by issuing:
sudo docker-compose stop
- Next edit the “docker-compose.yml” file
- In the “environment” section, add the following entry (mind the annoying YAML format):
- Save and exit the file
- Now restart the downloader by issuing:
sudo docker-compose up -d
This downloader will now ignore invalid and not matching certificates.