You're viewing legacy documentation for API Fortress (deployed via an on-premises container).
To view documentation for the new SaaS version of API Fortress — now known as Sauce Labs API Testing and Monitoring (with Sauce Connect tunnels) — see
API Testing on the Sauce Labs Cloud
The JDBC component allows a test to query data from a database.
Typical use cases are:
- to retrieve data items to use as input data
- to perform data driven testing
The currently supported databases are: MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Microsft SQL Server.
- Url: the JDBC url to the database. Depending on the database type, URLs will look like the following:
- Driver: the type of driver; you can choose it from the options available in the drop down:
- Username: the username to access the database
- Password: the password to access the database
- Content: the SQL query
- Variable: the name of the variable that will store the results
The result of the query will be represented as an array where each item is a row.
Every row is a key/value map, as in:
Therefore, you can then iterate over the results to use them according to your needs.
To see another way to connect to a database using the API Fortress Helper Utility click here!
database data base sql mysql jdbc database data base sql mysql jdbc database data base sql mysql jdbc database data base sql mysql jdbc.