Connectors are the way API Fortress integrates with other services and platforms to send data and/or notifications to them. A big benefit to using the platform is how it can seamlessly integrate itself into your day-to-day operations without adding new daily work.
There are two levels of notification integrations:
- Failures Only
This type will send a notification only when a test failure happens. This is typical for stateless services, like Slack.
- Send All
Will send all events, including successes, which is very handy when the service will need to log everything or alter a state.
API Fortress has a fully featured API, as well as Webhooks. Any platform with an API can be integrated to work. With that said, we did preconfigure some. Currently we have:
- Slack (click for a Slack specific walkthrough)
- New Relic
There are three steps to the process.
- Go to Company Settings and create an Alert Group
- Connect a connector to that Alert Group
- Connect that Alert Group to specific projects
Step 1 & 2 – Create an Alert Group add a Connector
- Access the company settings page, by clicking the gear icon in the top right
- Select “Alert groups” on the side menu
- Create a new group of recipients if needed
- Click on the connectors icon
- Add a new Connector
- Choose a service from the dropdown
- Enter the required information
Step 3 – Assign to a Project
- Go back to the main dashboard
- Click Settings on a project
- Select Alert Group(s) in the Alert Distribution Group field.
- Click the green checkmark to save.