Importing a Collection
The first and most critical step in importing Postman Collections is importing the collection itself.
- First, open the HTTP Client via the Tools menu.
- Click the gray Import button at the top of the client.
- Select your collection in the popup window.
- Click Open.
- The routes from your collection are now available in the list of saved requests.
Importing Postman Environments
Importing an environment is just as simple as importing the collection itself.
- First, inside of a test, click on the Data Sets button on the left pane.
- Click the orange Postman button.
- Select your environments file from the popup.
- Your environmental variables will now be available in the Data Sets pane.
Importing Postman Global Variables
The process for importing global variables from Postman is nearly identical to the process for importing environmental variables. The primary difference is where the import itself is executed.
- First access the Vault via the Tools menu at the top of any view.
- Select the project that you want to access the variables through, or select the Global Vault if you want all of your projects to have access to the variable definitions.
- Click the Variables button in the specific Vault that was chosen.
- Click the Import Variables from Postman button.
- Select your global variables file and click the Open button.
- Your global variable definitions can now be accessed from the connected project(s).